As the Fall Wedding Season approaches we are asked what favors are best for fall weddings. Question to ask: 1. What do you prefer, flower,…more
As the Fall Wedding Season approaches we are asked what favors are best for fall weddings.
Question to ask:
1. What do you prefer, flower, tree or herb.
- for Flowers you can do Flower Bulb Favors, they are really beautiful and tulips, iris and daffodil are ONLY available in the fall so take advantage of the season.
- For Trees the best choice is Tree Seedlings, Fall is one of the best time to plant trees , they get a chance to establish themselves before winter sets |
if you would rather not deal with seedlings ( they arrive about a week before the wedding date) tree seed kits are also popular in the Fall. They can be planted and grown indoors for up to a year
2. What about the seed in eco box kits, will they work for Fall Weddings?
- The seed kits will work any time of year because you get everything you need to grow the seeds. Some of the seeds grow faster like the sunflower and would have to be re-potted when the seedlings get to be about 2 inches in height. You could always plant a few of the seeds in the fall ( there is alot of seed/packet) and store the rest in your refrigerator for spring planting.
3. Will the seeds last until the spring if we give them out in the fall?
- absolutely they will. seed packet 2 x 2″ (number of seeds vary with species – 5 – 10 grams)
- seed packets are presented in hermetically sealed foil packets to preserve freshness
We offer quality seed. Seed is packed frequently and stored in coolers on site. Store seed in your refrigerator, or cool, dry area prior to your event date for the best germination . Seed packets can be stored in your refrigerator for up to 1 year .
4 . For Seed Packet Favors what works?
- there is a tremdous selection in the seed packet favor category: colors, designs, formates: most of the seed packets can accomodate flower and herb seed: for flower seed to plant in the ground we recommend wildflowers . They are allperennials and will come back every year in your garden. They do not necessarily bloom the first year anyway so you are not missing much by planting them late in the season.
For a indoor grower we recommend gerber daisy in a seed packet or kit. They need warm conditions to grow so a sunny window in a warm area in your house works well.
This video may help understand their nature. They are beautiful but a slow growing flower, will grow slower in the fall and winter but could be good to move outdoors next summer for the flowering.
If you have any other question , please send them our way, we are pleased to offer suggestions as well. Decorative Wedding Favors are beautiful guest gifts, meaning wedding favors from the bride and groom are treasured gifts, make them last.
All for now: August 22, 2012.
Sheila, Robin & Amy
Make your White Wedding, Greener When planning your wedding you want to make it a special day that showcases your love for your spouse. But…more
Make your White Wedding, Greener
When planning your wedding you want to make it a special day that showcases your love for your spouse. But what about showing your love for the environment as well?
With all eyes on you, your wedding day is the perfect time to let those closest to you know how much you care. A little extra thought and preparation can make your wedding a day to remember, without taking its toll on the World around you.
Here are some things to consider when planning a green wedding –
When you think of all the guests that will be coming to celebrate your day with you, remember that that also means that many of them with have to travel to be with you. This will generate carbon emissions. While this might be unavoidable, try to lessen the impact by having the ceremony and reception at the same location.
The Perfect Dress
Little girls grow up dreaming about their wedding dress and it should be special… but that doesn’t mean ‘new’. A vintage wedding dress is not only eco-friendly and money saving but a very fashionable option as well. Trawl second hand shops for vintage gems and look online as well. Ebay may be an unlikely place to find your perfect dress but we’ve heard of lots of brides finding unique beauties.
You might have a favourite flower that you want to include in your wedding but have you considered if that flower is in season and grown natively? If not then they may have to be grown in hot houses. As an alternative, why not ask a florist to source only flowers grown locally? Better yet, collect flowers grown in friends and families gardens for a truly personal bouquet.
Think about air miles when selecting what food to feed your guests. Choose food that is in season and grown locally. You might also like to consider foods that are organic or a completely vegetarian or vegan menu.
If you want to be transported to your wedding venue in style, forget the car choose a horse and carriage instead. No fuel emissions there! If you’re an avid cyclist, how about arriving on a tandem bicycle? Maybe you fancy being carried aloft in an Egyptian style sedan chair?! Whatever eco transport you choose, it’s bound to be memorable.
So there we have it, some simple ways to make your white wedding that little bit greener! Whatever you choose, make sure it is personal to you and your spouse and have an amazing day.
August 16, 2012
Enjoy our Guest Post from: Wayne Baker
Author Bio: When not planning romantic escapes with his partner, Wayne Barker writes for wedding and diamond engagement ring specialists Portfolio of Fine Diamonds (http://portfoliooffinediamonds.com/)