There are many reasons to hold your fall weddings outdoors, but the ability to incorporate trees and other natural elements is one the most compelling. This article provides some ideas you can use to incorporate trees into your fall weddings.
The tree is the perfect symbol of everlasting love and romance for fall weddings, incorporating trees into your Outdoor Ceremony is a natural choice. Some of the famous Redwood trees in California have been witness to thousands of years of history, and there are reports of trees that date back to the time when humans first roamed the earth. With so much history and symbolism behind them, it is no wonder so many wedding planners are incorporating trees into their celebrations. Fall Weddings are perfect venues to celebrate trees and giving them to your guests would be a wonderful gesture creating a forest.
From lining the aisle at an outdoor wedding ceremony to infusing reception centerpieces with the boughs of an evergreen, there are many different ways for trees to play a role in your special day. Many brides and grooms choose to incorporate tree seedlings into their pre-wedding festivities as well, giving the gift of small trees to the guests at their bridal showers and rehearsal dinners. Once planted, those trees can serve as eternal reminders of the love they are meant to celebrate.
While trees can play a beautiful role in your wedding at any time of year, they really shine during the autumn season. More and more brides are choosing the fall of the year for their weddings – and with good reason. The fall tends to be a less busy time for weddings, and that can mean lower prices on wedding staples like catering and photography and better availability for in-demand venues like country clubs and exclusive resorts.
If you do plan to have a fall weddings, there are many reasons to consider an outdoor ceremony bedecked by trees in their full autumn foliage. In many parts of the country the fall offers the best weather of the year, with pleasantly warm nights and cool evenings that are perfect for dancing at an outdoor stage.
Couples can make their outdoor fall weddings shine even more by incorporating the natural colors of the trees into their wedding colors. From the bright oranges and reds of the changing maple trees to more subdued shades like yellows and browns, the trees put on a great show during the autumn season. Using different shades of those same colors in your wedding flowers, bouquets, floral arrangements and table centerpieces is a great way to create a unified look for your special day.
No matter how you choose to incorporate trees into your wedding ceremony, you can be sure that your choices will make a lasting impression on your guests. There is nothing like the beauty of nature to compliment the enduring nature of your relationship and your love.
“The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” Did you know that trees are the longest…more
Did you know that trees are the longest living organisms on earth?
One (a single) tree produces up to 260 pounds of oxygen a year. That is more than enough to supply oxygen to a family of four people. Make that a few thousand trees, and you’ve got an oxygen supply for a whole town
· Over the course of 50 years, a single tree can generate $31,250 of oxygen, provide $62,000 worth of air pollution control, recycle $37,500 worth of water, and control $31,500 worth of soil erosion.
Going Green with trees is an inspiring way to make your wedding day unforgettable and share with your friends and family just how easy, fun, & beautiful a sustainable lifestyle can be. This article, top 10 ways to include trees in your Wedding presents ideas for brides and grooms for the best fall wedding favors ever!
1 . Give guests the greenest favor of all: live tree saplings!
2. Tree seed in eco-box kits are versatile favors made with recycled card stock with your choice of 6 tree seeds that will grow in at least one US climatic zones.
3. Earth friendly tree seed packets wedding favors in recycled papers with complete growing instructions are amazing in a variety of colors & designs.
4. Tree seed embedded in biodegradable handmade paper tree cards are incredibly unique gifts, 100% plantable these are extremely “green”.
5. Go the natural route with Tree Centerpieces. Grow your own or visit a local nursery for a 3-4 year old mini-evergreen tree, in a decorative pot these are powerful “green” symbols of a sustainable lifestyle.
6. Plant tree Place card favors, combine tree seed favors with place cards, decorate reception tables with tree seed favor ornaments on tree branch centerpieces accompanied by your guest’s names.
7. “Fall in Love” tree seed favors. Personalized with your names and wedding date these eco-friendly seed wedding packet favors are a favourite for earth-conscious couples.
8. Decorate your reception venue with rented live trees from a local nursery or garden center. What a socially conscious way to support local business and bring the outdoors in any time of year.
9. Hanging tree favors/Place card seating with a crafty branch decoration. Outside the reception area hang your place cards/seed favors on a small tree with invisible thread and create an opportunity for fun finding their names on the cards with their table numbers.
10. Place an eco-friendly tree seed favor in a terra cotta pot at each guest’s table setting. Decorate the pot to complement your colors or style. Guests can take the seeds home and plant them in the pots.
Plant a “green” wedding favor and your wedding day memories will last a lifetime!
By Sheila Sheffield, Tree Beggings Inc.
Earth-Friendly tree favors Since 1992
Fall is one of the best times for a wedding. The weather can be beautiful, more guests can usually attend and you have so…more
Fall is one of the best times for a wedding. The weather can be beautiful, more guests can usually attend and you have so many options for themes and colors. That planning process can be overwhelming as every bride will tell you. Here are just a few top tips for a fall wedding;
Take advantage of the outdoors. During this time of year there are so many beautiful days and evenings to choose from. Instead of spending time and money on decorations, let nature be your backdrop. You will still want flowers and maybe even a few bows, but instead of going all out with ribbons and materials, use some of the surrounding plant life as a way to bring the event together.
Whether you have an open bar inside or outside there is a good chance that you are going to end up with lots of bottles and cans. Instead of just tossing these in the trash, set up a few recycling bins for the bartender and for your guests. The Fall weather makes everyone more mindful of the environment and people may be more likely to make the right decision when it comes to their trash, especially if you make it easy!
Another top tip for a fall wedding is to skip over traditional centerpieces. So many times at the end of a wedding the bride realizes that she has several centerpieces and has no place to put them. Consider something simple like flowers in a vase, an arrangement of cones and botanicals or a small plant or tree. One guests at each table can take the centerpiece home and continue to enjoy it .
Replace the rice with bird seed. A bride and groom traditionally run through a receiving line of guests tossing rice in their direction. However, what happens to the rice when they are done? Consider something more environmentally friendly like bird seed. With almost the same texture and feel it won`t take away from the tradition, but it will be better for the birds that are keeping watch over your event.
For many Fall represents a time of harvest and plenty. Give your guests the gift of plenty with seeds instead of a more traditional favor. Guests leave weddings with all types of favors and mementos that just end up in the trash. It isn`t that they didn`t enjoy your big day, they just have no place for another container, magnet, or cookie cutter with your name on it. With flower, herb , tree seeds or tree seedlings your guests will be able to go home, plant something in their front or backyard and have a more lasting memory of the special day.
No matter how many people attend, you know that thank you cards are a must. You want your guests to know that you appreciate their attendance as well as their gifts. Make a real statement by choosing Hallmark greeting cards that go well with your Fall theme. Choose classic colors that represent the season. You can even look for cards made from recycled paper to give your wedding a green touch.