As the Fall Wedding Season approaches we are asked what favors are best for fall weddings. Question to ask: 1. What do you prefer, flower,…more
As the Fall Wedding Season approaches we are asked what favors are best for fall weddings.
Question to ask:
1. What do you prefer, flower, tree or herb.
- for Flowers you can do Flower Bulb Favors, they are really beautiful and tulips, iris and daffodil are ONLY available in the fall so take advantage of the season.
- For Trees the best choice is Tree Seedlings, Fall is one of the best time to plant trees , they get a chance to establish themselves before winter sets |
if you would rather not deal with seedlings ( they arrive about a week before the wedding date) tree seed kits are also popular in the Fall. They can be planted and grown indoors for up to a year
2. What about the seed in eco box kits, will they work for Fall Weddings?
- The seed kits will work any time of year because you get everything you need to grow the seeds. Some of the seeds grow faster like the sunflower and would have to be re-potted when the seedlings get to be about 2 inches in height. You could always plant a few of the seeds in the fall ( there is alot of seed/packet) and store the rest in your refrigerator for spring planting.
3. Will the seeds last until the spring if we give them out in the fall?
- absolutely they will. seed packet 2 x 2″ (number of seeds vary with species – 5 – 10 grams)
- seed packets are presented in hermetically sealed foil packets to preserve freshness
We offer quality seed. Seed is packed frequently and stored in coolers on site. Store seed in your refrigerator, or cool, dry area prior to your event date for the best germination . Seed packets can be stored in your refrigerator for up to 1 year .
4 . For Seed Packet Favors what works?
- there is a tremdous selection in the seed packet favor category: colors, designs, formates: most of the seed packets can accomodate flower and herb seed: for flower seed to plant in the ground we recommend wildflowers . They are allperennials and will come back every year in your garden. They do not necessarily bloom the first year anyway so you are not missing much by planting them late in the season.
For a indoor grower we recommend gerber daisy in a seed packet or kit. They need warm conditions to grow so a sunny window in a warm area in your house works well.
This video may help understand their nature. They are beautiful but a slow growing flower, will grow slower in the fall and winter but could be good to move outdoors next summer for the flowering.
Tips on growing Gerber Daisy Seed:
If you have any other question , please send them our way, we are pleased to offer suggestions as well. Decorative Wedding Favors are beautiful guest gifts, meaning wedding favors from the bride and groom are treasured gifts, make them last.
All for now: August 22, 2012.
Sheila, Robin & Amy
Fall is one of the best times for a wedding. The weather can be beautiful, more guests can usually attend and you have so…more
Fall is one of the best times for a wedding. The weather can be beautiful, more guests can usually attend and you have so many options for themes and colors. That planning process can be overwhelming as every bride will tell you. Here are just a few top tips for a fall wedding;
Take advantage of the outdoors. During this time of year there are so many beautiful days and evenings to choose from. Instead of spending time and money on decorations, let nature be your backdrop. You will still want flowers and maybe even a few bows, but instead of going all out with ribbons and materials, use some of the surrounding plant life as a way to bring the event together.
Whether you have an open bar inside or outside there is a good chance that you are going to end up with lots of bottles and cans. Instead of just tossing these in the trash, set up a few recycling bins for the bartender and for your guests. The Fall weather makes everyone more mindful of the environment and people may be more likely to make the right decision when it comes to their trash, especially if you make it easy!
Another top tip for a fall wedding is to skip over traditional centerpieces. So many times at the end of a wedding the bride realizes that she has several centerpieces and has no place to put them. Consider something simple like flowers in a vase, an arrangement of cones and botanicals or a small plant or tree. One guests at each table can take the centerpiece home and continue to enjoy it .
Replace the rice with bird seed. A bride and groom traditionally run through a receiving line of guests tossing rice in their direction. However, what happens to the rice when they are done? Consider something more environmentally friendly like bird seed. With almost the same texture and feel it won`t take away from the tradition, but it will be better for the birds that are keeping watch over your event.
For many Fall represents a time of harvest and plenty. Give your guests the gift of plenty with seeds instead of a more traditional favor. Guests leave weddings with all types of favors and mementos that just end up in the trash. It isn`t that they didn`t enjoy your big day, they just have no place for another container, magnet, or cookie cutter with your name on it. With flower, herb , tree seeds or tree seedlings your guests will be able to go home, plant something in their front or backyard and have a more lasting memory of the special day.
No matter how many people attend, you know that thank you cards are a must. You want your guests to know that you appreciate their attendance as well as their gifts. Make a real statement by choosing Hallmark greeting cards that go well with your Fall theme. Choose classic colors that represent the season. You can even look for cards made from recycled paper to give your wedding a green touch.