As the Fall Wedding Season approaches we are asked what favors are best for fall weddings. Question to ask: 1. What do you prefer, flower,…more
As the Fall Wedding Season approaches we are asked what favors are best for fall weddings.
Question to ask:
1. What do you prefer, flower, tree or herb.
- for Flowers you can do Flower Bulb Favors, they are really beautiful and tulips, iris and daffodil are ONLY available in the fall so take advantage of the season.
- For Trees the best choice is Tree Seedlings, Fall is one of the best time to plant trees , they get a chance to establish themselves before winter sets |
if you would rather not deal with seedlings ( they arrive about a week before the wedding date) tree seed kits are also popular in the Fall. They can be planted and grown indoors for up to a year
2. What about the seed in eco box kits, will they work for Fall Weddings?
- The seed kits will work any time of year because you get everything you need to grow the seeds. Some of the seeds grow faster like the sunflower and would have to be re-potted when the seedlings get to be about 2 inches in height. You could always plant a few of the seeds in the fall ( there is alot of seed/packet) and store the rest in your refrigerator for spring planting.
3. Will the seeds last until the spring if we give them out in the fall?
- absolutely they will. seed packet 2 x 2″ (number of seeds vary with species – 5 – 10 grams)
- seed packets are presented in hermetically sealed foil packets to preserve freshness
We offer quality seed. Seed is packed frequently and stored in coolers on site. Store seed in your refrigerator, or cool, dry area prior to your event date for the best germination . Seed packets can be stored in your refrigerator for up to 1 year .
4 . For Seed Packet Favors what works?
- there is a tremdous selection in the seed packet favor category: colors, designs, formates: most of the seed packets can accomodate flower and herb seed: for flower seed to plant in the ground we recommend wildflowers . They are allperennials and will come back every year in your garden. They do not necessarily bloom the first year anyway so you are not missing much by planting them late in the season.
For a indoor grower we recommend gerber daisy in a seed packet or kit. They need warm conditions to grow so a sunny window in a warm area in your house works well.
This video may help understand their nature. They are beautiful but a slow growing flower, will grow slower in the fall and winter but could be good to move outdoors next summer for the flowering.
Tips on growing Gerber Daisy Seed:
If you have any other question , please send them our way, we are pleased to offer suggestions as well. Decorative Wedding Favors are beautiful guest gifts, meaning wedding favors from the bride and groom are treasured gifts, make them last.
All for now: August 22, 2012.
Sheila, Robin & Amy
Although Basil is known to bring about prosperity, love spells are the general domain for this treasured herb. It is used to soothe communication between two people, to draw a lover to you and to celebrate love. Basil can be tucked fresh or dried into a sachet and carried to strengthen feelings of love.
Basil is best known for its properties to aid and strengthen love. Although Basil is known to bring about prosperity, love spells are the general domain for this treasured herb. It is used to soothe communication between two people, to draw a lover to you and to celebrate love. Basil can be tucked fresh or dried into a sachet and carried to strengthen feelings of love.
Who knew? Why not spread some LOVE around at your wedding by giving your guest memorable favors of basil in adorable eco boxes .
The ancient Romans believed that the mere smell of basil inspired love. Thus, a woman seeding true love needed merely to hand the object of her affection a spring of basil, and he would be here forever.
Its name comes from the Greek word for “royal”, basilikon. a perennial in warm climates, it is easy to grow and thrives in containers. its small white flowers should be be pruned in order to induce vigorous growth of the tasty leaves.
Celebrate basil in your wedding receptions with food, plants for centerpieces and sprigs for good luck.
Bridal showers are perfect venues to celebrate the immortal properties of basil with games and gifts.
. The Kitchen Bridal Shower
Ask guests to choose gifts the bride will need to establish an the kitchen of her dreams. Gifts might include: tools, utensils, cookware, bake ware, appliances, gadgets, linens and cookbooks. A Kitchen Shower is the perfect occasion to go potluck. If your kitchen can manage, request that a few dishes be brought assembled but uncooked. When your guests arrive, pop their culinary creations into the oven and serve wine in the kitchen while you enjoy the aroma of what is soon to come. Guests might also bring along their signature recipe, written on a card to present to the bride.
- perfect for a “herb” shower with a culinary touch
Basic Pesto Sauce
- 1/3 cut fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
-pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup pine kernels
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
– 1/2 cup olive oil
Blend the basil leaves in a blender. Add the garlic and olive oil and process for a few seconds. Gradually add the pine kernels, Parmesan cheese and salt. The consistency should be thick and creamy.
This quantity of pesto sauce is sufficient for 1 pound cooked, drained pasta. Mix 2 tablespoons pesto with the pasta and serve on individual plates with an extra spoonful of pesto on each helping..
For money and success. Soak Basil in water for 3 days, then sprinkle about a place of business. Also used for purification and protection and to remove obstacles in love and create harmony. Dispels melancholy and attracts friends. It just doesn’t get any better than that.
For more herb ideas for fall weddings check it out at: Plant a Memory favors & gifts