Celebrating Earth Day in April has been a tradition Since 1972. Plant a Memory is Giving tree seeds to all of our customers this month…more
Celebrating Earth Day in April has been a tradition Since 1972.
Plant a Memory is Giving tree seeds to all of our customers this month so we can all Plant a Tree for a Greener Tomorrow!
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago, the next best time is now!
Inspire, promote and plant trees for a Greener Tomorrow. By giving Trees as Favors at their Weddings, brides and grooms will set an example and possibly inspire their guests to adopt a greener consciousness. Together, bride and groom, friends and family will be responsible for planting a forest.
Did you know?
- That one large tree provides daily oxygen for up to 4 people.
- That one large tree can lower peak summer temperatures around the tree by 5-9 degrees
Grow Memories one tree at a time: Regards, Sheila, Robin & Amy
Trees are the longest living organisms on the planet and one of the earth’s greatest natural resources. They keep our air supply clean, reduce noise…more
Trees are the longest living organisms on the planet and one of the earth’s greatest natural resources. They keep our air supply clean, reduce noise pollution, improve water quality, help prevent erosion, provide food and building materials, create shade, and help make our landscapes look beautiful. Here are some more thought-provoking facts and figures about our oldest citizens and living treasures…trees!
- Well-maintained trees and shrubs can increase property value by up to 14%.
- Trees properly placed around buildings can reduce air conditioning needs by 30%
- A mature tree removes almost 70 times more pollution than a newly planted tree.
- A healthy tree can have a value of up to $10,000.
- The shade and wind buffering provided by trees reduces annual heating and cooling costs by 2.1 billion dollars.
- Each average-sized tree provides an estimated $7 savings in annual environmental benefits, including energy conservation and reduced pollution.
- A single tree produces approximately 260 pounds of oxygen per year. That means two mature trees can supply enough oxygen annually to support a family of four!
- Water originating in our national forests provide drinking water for over 3400 communities, and approximately 60 million individuals.
- One tree can absorb as much carbon in a year as a car produces while driving 26,000 miles.
- Over the course its life, a single tree can absorb one ton of carbon dioxide.
- An average American uses about 750 pounds of paper every year, and 95% of homes are built using wood. That means each person uses the equivalent of one 100 foot tall, 16 inch diameter, tree every year for their paper and wood product needs.
- About one third of the United States of America is covered by forests.
- According to the last forest inventory, there are almost 247 billion trees over 1 inch in diameter in the U.S.
- The average tree in an urban/city area has a life expectancy of only 8 years.
- The tallest tree in the country is a Coast Redwood growing in northern California’s Redwood National Park. It is 369 feet tall and over 2000 years old!
- http://www.savatree.com/tree-facts.html from this site.
Colorado Blue Spruce in all its Winter Wonder
We went to a tree seed meeting this January and had the honour of visiting an araucaria forest in Chile. I love trees but had no idea how this unique Monkey Puzzle Tree Forest in the mountains of Chile, near the Argentina border would affect my view of trees and how important they really are in our world.
Seeing that forest of ancient looking trees, some 1000 years old or more was one of those of life’s experiences that I will never forget. Apparently part for Jurassic Park was filmed and it is truly magnificent place. So next time I plant a tree, I will think of all the living that will go on after I am gone and someone else will enjoy that tree I planted for many more years.
January 17, 2013
Thanks for Reading.
Plant a tree for a greener tomorrow from Tree Beggings Inc. Locke, NY _ we believe in what we do.
At Plant a Memory Favors every day is Earth day. But once a year we honour our world and think about all the little things we can do to help our planet.
Most of us are aware but every little bit helps so we encourage you to do your part.
Happy Earth Day from All of us at Tree & Floral Beginnings. Sheila, Robin, Amy & Allie
Here is an excellent example of contributing to your community in a small way, even once a year on earth day makes a difference.