As the Fall Wedding Season approaches we are asked what favors are best for fall weddings. Question to ask: 1. What do you prefer, flower,…more
As the Fall Wedding Season approaches we are asked what favors are best for fall weddings.
Question to ask:
1. What do you prefer, flower, tree or herb.
- for Flowers you can do Flower Bulb Favors, they are really beautiful and tulips, iris and daffodil are ONLY available in the fall so take advantage of the season.
- For Trees the best choice is Tree Seedlings, Fall is one of the best time to plant trees , they get a chance to establish themselves before winter sets |
if you would rather not deal with seedlings ( they arrive about a week before the wedding date) tree seed kits are also popular in the Fall. They can be planted and grown indoors for up to a year
2. What about the seed in eco box kits, will they work for Fall Weddings?
- The seed kits will work any time of year because you get everything you need to grow the seeds. Some of the seeds grow faster like the sunflower and would have to be re-potted when the seedlings get to be about 2 inches in height. You could always plant a few of the seeds in the fall ( there is alot of seed/packet) and store the rest in your refrigerator for spring planting.
3. Will the seeds last until the spring if we give them out in the fall?
- absolutely they will. seed packet 2 x 2″ (number of seeds vary with species – 5 – 10 grams)
- seed packets are presented in hermetically sealed foil packets to preserve freshness
We offer quality seed. Seed is packed frequently and stored in coolers on site. Store seed in your refrigerator, or cool, dry area prior to your event date for the best germination . Seed packets can be stored in your refrigerator for up to 1 year .
4 . For Seed Packet Favors what works?
- there is a tremdous selection in the seed packet favor category: colors, designs, formates: most of the seed packets can accomodate flower and herb seed: for flower seed to plant in the ground we recommend wildflowers . They are allperennials and will come back every year in your garden. They do not necessarily bloom the first year anyway so you are not missing much by planting them late in the season.
For a indoor grower we recommend gerber daisy in a seed packet or kit. They need warm conditions to grow so a sunny window in a warm area in your house works well.
This video may help understand their nature. They are beautiful but a slow growing flower, will grow slower in the fall and winter but could be good to move outdoors next summer for the flowering.
Tips on growing Gerber Daisy Seed:
If you have any other question , please send them our way, we are pleased to offer suggestions as well. Decorative Wedding Favors are beautiful guest gifts, meaning wedding favors from the bride and groom are treasured gifts, make them last.
All for now: August 22, 2012.
Sheila, Robin & Amy
celebration you new beginnings with tulip favors Think new life. Think blooming flowers. Think Spring as new life emerges from winter’s hibernation. Tulips are always…more
Think new life. Think blooming flowers. Think Spring as new life emerges from winter’s hibernation. Tulips are always a sure sign that spring has arrived.
But to have the joy of blooming flowers in the spring, the flower bulbs need to be planted in the fall.
Autumn is the time for planting the bulbs that will burst into bloom come spring. Its delayed gratification but the cheery appearance of tulips and daffodils an end of a bleak winter is worth the wait.
The best part. Planting flower bulbs doesn’t take much effort. You dig a hole, and drop in the bulbs and cover with soil. Give you guests flower bulbs for a unique wedding favor that will bloom year after year reminding them of your special day.
Overstocked sale on tulips , while quantites last. Check it out: http://www.treebeginnings.com/tulip-flower-bulbs-in-white-gift-boxes-sale.html
Plant a tree in the fall for the best results.
Did you know 2 mature trees provide enough oxygen for a family of 4?
Half of the world’s forests have disappeared.
Tree planting is the most cost effective way to reduce the CO2 in the atmosphere and cool down the earth’s temperature.
Planting 30 trees will remove a person’s carbon debt for that year.
What can you do?
Small changes in your life routine can add up to big differences in helping to help the earth. It is difficult to believe that one person and planting one little tree can make a difference. But it can, and planting trees is an easy, fun way to contribute to greening your town.
The presentation of a tree at a special event is a tremendous gift. A wonderful opportunity to inspire, promote and plant trees for a Greener Tomorrow. By giving Trees as Favors at their Weddings, brides and grooms will set an example and possibly inspire their guests. Meaningful gifts create “growing memories” that last a lifetime.
“In all things of nature there is something of the marvellous.” - Aristotle
wood place cards holders are easy Fall weddings are always a treat. The weather is cooler and the natural background is full of color. Let…more
Fall weddings are always a treat. The weather is cooler and the natural background is full of color.
wedding centerpieces with gerber daisies
Potted Plants as Wedding Centerpieces – a “Growing” Trend
Bring Mother Nature in and inspire your guests with living potted flowers and herbs. The remarkable thing about using plant centerpieces is that they are a growing symbol of your new life together, inspirational for your guests and project your eco-commitment from this day forward.
Gerber Daisies are our favorite potted plants because their brilliant colors pop on the reception tables. Forget-me-not’s, roses and lavender are attractive centerpieces. These flowers work well because they are a popular nursery plant which makes them easy to find. Rosemary and basil are wonderful plotted herbs and are guest favorites, with an abundance of “green” points due to their culinary popularity and familiar scents.
Advantages of potted plant centerpieces in your wedding:
- They are surprisingly affordable from your local florist / nursery or can be planted far in advance
- Potted flower or herbs as centerpieces are unique table name/number holders
- There is no risk of the flower getting fatigued with weather and sitting for long periods of time. They can be arranged days in advance, avoiding the last minute rush.
- Plants can be placed in decorative containers and finished with complementary ribbon to complement your colors or theme.
- They are available in a massive selection of colors, sizes, shapes that can tie in with the overall style or theme.
Flowers and herbs embrace the something “green” trend in 2009 as we become more aware of the natural world around us. Complement with eco-friendly seed favor guest gifts for a wedding they will remember forever.
Plant a Memory for a greener tomorrow.
give back to earth with green wedding favors
outdoor weddings are taking off In 2011 outdoor weddings are extremely popular. Let nature be your decorator at a venue where you can enjoy the…more
In 2011 outdoor weddings are extremely popular. Let nature be your decorator at a venue where you can enjoy the great outdoors.
“The earth is a garden and each of us only need care for our own part for life to be breathed back into the planet, into the soil, into ourselves.”
Cherry blossoms remind us of the beauty of nature, give flower seed for blooms that flourishin your garden year after year.
These unique wedding favors are a brilliant pink in color. They remind us of the beautiful cherry blossoms that flouish on our cherry tree every year.
real wedding are going green, give tree seedling wedding favors for lasting memories.
I was able to order one seedling as a sample just to make sure we liked them before ordering all 50 that we will need. I think this is a good idea for anyone who has to purchase mass quantities of something and isn’t able to look at it first.
We realize that not everyone is able or will want to plant a tree after going home from our wedding, and we have a plan for that. We are going to put a little sign (in one of the picture frames we bought from Rustic Blend - see blog post here) on the table with the seedlings letting our guests know that if they do not want to take a tree and will not plant it, that it’s ok to leave it on the table. We are also going to encourage any of our guests with larger property or a greater desire to take care of a tree to take more than one if there are some left over. Then, if all else fails, we will take the rest of the seedlings home and plant them ourselves in our own yard.
We are also going to use one of these seedlings during our vow renewal ceremony in which we have incorporated a tree planting ritual. I think this will be a really nice way to tie it all together and promote the idea that we are all on the same planet and our love is universal.
Read Kristen’s Blog: It is a wonderful story.
Visit us at the Ithaca Bridal Show, acturally weddings will occur.