Give thyme wedding favors for a “growing memory” of your wedding day. Brides and Grooms love the smell of thyme and it is a popular…more
Give thyme wedding favors for a “growing memory” of your wedding day. Brides and Grooms love the smell of thyme and it is a popular centerpiece for wedding reception tables. These herb seed kits are adorable and look beautiful on wedding reception tables all year round.
Like most herbs, thyme can successfully and relatively easy be grown indoors, it needs only a bright windowsill and some basic attention to thrive.
Thymus vulgaris: Hardy evergreen perennial; cosmetic, culinary, medicinal, ornamental
Thyme is appreciated as a versatile culinary seasoning, easy to grow from seed; thyme thrives and is most flavorful when given lots of sun. Thyme has long been a symbol of bravery, and valued for its antiseptic qualities. Its leaves are rich in oils and create a powerful antiseptic, beneficial in healing lotions and salves.Thyme pretty much grows itself. In fact, the more you fuss with it, the less hardy it will be. Thyme is most fragrant and flavorful when grown in dry, lean soil. Too much moisture will rot the plants.
Perfect Fall Wedding Favors, thyme is a seasonal favorite, brilliant choice.
Just in thyme! October 5, 2012
Sheila, Robin, Amy
Plant a tree in the fall for the best results.
Did you know 2 mature trees provide enough oxygen for a family of 4?
Half of the world’s forests have disappeared.
Tree planting is the most cost effective way to reduce the CO2 in the atmosphere and cool down the earth’s temperature.
Planting 30 trees will remove a person’s carbon debt for that year.
What can you do?
Small changes in your life routine can add up to big differences in helping to help the earth. It is difficult to believe that one person and planting one little tree can make a difference. But it can, and planting trees is an easy, fun way to contribute to greening your town.
The presentation of a tree at a special event is a tremendous gift. A wonderful opportunity to inspire, promote and plant trees for a Greener Tomorrow. By giving Trees as Favors at their Weddings, brides and grooms will set an example and possibly inspire their guests. Meaningful gifts create “growing memories” that last a lifetime.
“In all things of nature there is something of the marvellous.” - Aristotle
wood place cards holders are easy Fall weddings are always a treat. The weather is cooler and the natural background is full of color. Let…more
Fall weddings are always a treat. The weather is cooler and the natural background is full of color.
wedding centerpieces with gerber daisies
Potted Plants as Wedding Centerpieces – a “Growing” Trend
Bring Mother Nature in and inspire your guests with living potted flowers and herbs. The remarkable thing about using plant centerpieces is that they are a growing symbol of your new life together, inspirational for your guests and project your eco-commitment from this day forward.
Gerber Daisies are our favorite potted plants because their brilliant colors pop on the reception tables. Forget-me-not’s, roses and lavender are attractive centerpieces. These flowers work well because they are a popular nursery plant which makes them easy to find. Rosemary and basil are wonderful plotted herbs and are guest favorites, with an abundance of “green” points due to their culinary popularity and familiar scents.
Advantages of potted plant centerpieces in your wedding:
- They are surprisingly affordable from your local florist / nursery or can be planted far in advance
- Potted flower or herbs as centerpieces are unique table name/number holders
- There is no risk of the flower getting fatigued with weather and sitting for long periods of time. They can be arranged days in advance, avoiding the last minute rush.
- Plants can be placed in decorative containers and finished with complementary ribbon to complement your colors or theme.
- They are available in a massive selection of colors, sizes, shapes that can tie in with the overall style or theme.
Flowers and herbs embrace the something “green” trend in 2009 as we become more aware of the natural world around us. Complement with eco-friendly seed favor guest gifts for a wedding they will remember forever.
Plant a Memory for a greener tomorrow.
give back to earth with green wedding favors
Tips for seasonal outdoor weddings
TIPS FOR SEASONAL WEDDINGS
Wedding Planner’s Advice
by Shelley Waugh
The outdoor wedding is more popular than ever, they’re very different from the traditional indoor affair and offer more options, with only the weather as a variable.
Ten tips for an outdoor wedding either at a venue or in your back yard.
1. BUDGET: Have an exact budget or specific dollar amount when you meet with your wedding planner. Make a prioritized list of what is necessary to create your wedding the way you envision it. This will help in deciding between calligraphy invitations and live music. It can be disappointing to make big plans and then have to cancel them because they’re not affordable.
2. DATE: Planning the date is extremely important. Have several in mind, since popular wedding months such as May, June, September and October may limit the choice of dates. Depending on where you live, winter weddings for better value. They can be spectacular at this time of year.
3. COMFORT: Remember to ensure your guests’ comfort by considering weather conditions on the big day. If hot, have ushers offer ice-cold water bottles as guests are seated, or print your wedding program on a hand-held fan to keep your guests cool. Colorful paper umbrellas shade the sun and add beautiful color as well.
4. BACKUP PLAN: What if it rains? The ideal outdoor wedding location should have an indoor plan just in case. However, an outdoor tent is another option, but only for light to moderate rainstorms. Or, the couple might have the ceremony outside and reception inside as a way to minimize the risk of bad weather.
5. PLAN FOR WIND: Windy conditions can wreak havoc on attire, hair, and décor. If the location is typically windy, avoid fabrics such as chiffons or silks. Also, advise your hairstylist that your wedding is outdoors so she/he can design an appropriate style for you and the bridal party. While unity ceremonies are important, wind can have an ill effect on the traditional unity candle. More recent ideas include the sand ceremony and water ceremony.
6. DECOR: With natural beauty all around, outdoor weddings often use fewer decorations. Some to be considered, however, include an arch or trellis, strings of lights or lanterns in the trees, torches, and luminarias or farolitas. A flower petal walkway dense with deep colored rose petals creates a dramatic contrast to green grass. Note: for weddings on grassy areas, ensure the sprinkler system is disabled so guests don’t receive an unwanted shower!
7. FOOD: A reception with food stations with delicious and beautiful options that are prepared and refreshed on a continual basis. Guests can enjoy the reception without worrying if the food is getting cold or that they’ll miss a served food course.
8. BUGS: One way to limit bug disturbances is to use citronella candles placed around the border of the event disguised with red rocks or other natural elements just in case.
9. SUNLIGHT: Couples who consider timing their outdoor wedding to a beautiful sunset should ensure that chairs are oriented away from the sun so it won’t shine directly in the eyes of their guests during the ceremony.
10. ATTIRE: If hot weather is in the forecast, wear light fabrics to avoid unnecessary overheating or perspiration. Brides wearing trains should consider the ground they will be walking on to avoid grass and dirt. An aisle runner can be helpful in avoiding stains. Consult a makeup professional for makeup that won’t cake, streak, or shine and will hold up well for photographs and throughout the event.
Tips and photos courtesy: Wedding Planner at the L’Auberge de Sedona in Sedona, Arizona, that offers luxury accommodations, fine dining, wedding facilities and spa treatments. Visit www.lauberge.com.
We loved this article because it discusses REAL issues. Don’t forget to thank you guests with a touch of nature , eco favors.
Plant a Memory for a Greener Tomorrow!