Celebrating Earth Day in April has been a tradition Since 1972. Plant a Memory is Giving tree seeds to all of our customers this month…more
Celebrating Earth Day in April has been a tradition Since 1972.
Plant a Memory is Giving tree seeds to all of our customers this month so we can all Plant a Tree for a Greener Tomorrow!
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago, the next best time is now!
Inspire, promote and plant trees for a Greener Tomorrow. By giving Trees as Favors at their Weddings, brides and grooms will set an example and possibly inspire their guests to adopt a greener consciousness. Together, bride and groom, friends and family will be responsible for planting a forest.
Did you know?
- That one large tree provides daily oxygen for up to 4 people.
- That one large tree can lower peak summer temperatures around the tree by 5-9 degrees
Grow Memories one tree at a time: Regards, Sheila, Robin & Amy
Trees are the longest living organisms on the planet and one of the earth’s greatest natural resources. They keep our air supply clean, reduce noise…more
Trees are the longest living organisms on the planet and one of the earth’s greatest natural resources. They keep our air supply clean, reduce noise pollution, improve water quality, help prevent erosion, provide food and building materials, create shade, and help make our landscapes look beautiful. Here are some more thought-provoking facts and figures about our oldest citizens and living treasures…trees!
- Well-maintained trees and shrubs can increase property value by up to 14%.
- Trees properly placed around buildings can reduce air conditioning needs by 30%
- A mature tree removes almost 70 times more pollution than a newly planted tree.
- A healthy tree can have a value of up to $10,000.
- The shade and wind buffering provided by trees reduces annual heating and cooling costs by 2.1 billion dollars.
- Each average-sized tree provides an estimated $7 savings in annual environmental benefits, including energy conservation and reduced pollution.
- A single tree produces approximately 260 pounds of oxygen per year. That means two mature trees can supply enough oxygen annually to support a family of four!
- Water originating in our national forests provide drinking water for over 3400 communities, and approximately 60 million individuals.
- One tree can absorb as much carbon in a year as a car produces while driving 26,000 miles.
- Over the course its life, a single tree can absorb one ton of carbon dioxide.
- An average American uses about 750 pounds of paper every year, and 95% of homes are built using wood. That means each person uses the equivalent of one 100 foot tall, 16 inch diameter, tree every year for their paper and wood product needs.
- About one third of the United States of America is covered by forests.
- According to the last forest inventory, there are almost 247 billion trees over 1 inch in diameter in the U.S.
- The average tree in an urban/city area has a life expectancy of only 8 years.
- The tallest tree in the country is a Coast Redwood growing in northern California’s Redwood National Park. It is 369 feet tall and over 2000 years old!
- http://www.savatree.com/tree-facts.html from this site.
Colorado Blue Spruce in all its Winter Wonder
We went to a tree seed meeting this January and had the honour of visiting an araucaria forest in Chile. I love trees but had no idea how this unique Monkey Puzzle Tree Forest in the mountains of Chile, near the Argentina border would affect my view of trees and how important they really are in our world.
Seeing that forest of ancient looking trees, some 1000 years old or more was one of those of life’s experiences that I will never forget. Apparently part for Jurassic Park was filmed and it is truly magnificent place. So next time I plant a tree, I will think of all the living that will go on after I am gone and someone else will enjoy that tree I planted for many more years.
January 17, 2013
Thanks for Reading.
Plant a tree for a greener tomorrow from Tree Beggings Inc. Locke, NY _ we believe in what we do.
At Plant a Memory Favors every day is Earth day. But once a year we honour our world and think about all the little things we can do to help our planet.
Most of us are aware but every little bit helps so we encourage you to do your part.
Happy Earth Day from All of us at Tree & Floral Beginnings. Sheila, Robin, Amy & Allie
Here is an excellent example of contributing to your community in a small way, even once a year on earth day makes a difference.
Grow memoies of your wedding day , give a tree , wedding favors that last a lifetime.
April 9, 2012: It is all about trees this month from us at the Farmhouse.
Celebrate your special occasions in life with lasting memories by giving your guests a special gift that will live on in their hearts.
Place your order in April and receive 2 free tree seedlings to Plant a Memory for a Greener Tomorrow!
Happy Earth Month. How is it going so far? Sheila, Robin & Amy
Most often, couples would want their wedding to be unique and to be memorable.
A wedding is a time for the couple to celebrate as their two hearts become one. They would want to share this celebration with people close to them, including family and friends. One way that a couple can show their appreciation to their wedding guests for celebrating their union with them and at the same time spice up the wedding themes in each tables, is by giving them wedding favors which they can bring home as keepsakes. This would serve as a remembrance for your guests which would allow them to reminisce the time when they were a part of your special day.
Source: oncewed.com via Bethany on Pinterest
Why not have the memories grow with lasting guest gifts of seeds or trees.
Celebrate the Earth this year by giving your guests the strength of a Tree , the beauty of Flowers or the essence of herbs.
Choose from our selection of over 200 earth-friendly favors and create “growing memories ” of your Wedding Day .
April is Earth Month and April 22nd is Earth Day. If you purchase your favors in April we will give you 2 tree seedlings that will grow with your marriage and remind you of this spectacular time in you life.
Plant a tree for Earth Day and take advice from a tree.
Stand tall and proud
Sink your roots into the earth
Be content with your natural beauty
Go out on a limb
Drink plenty of water
Remember your roots
Enjoy the view!
March 29, 2012
Earth Day is almost here – Join us in Celebrating our natural world.
See our April Promotion Below. Plant a tree for a Greener Tomorrow!
From all of us at Tree & Floral Beginnings , Locke ,NY
Celebrate earth day 2011 – plant a tree, save the earth for a greener tomorrow
The celebration of Earth Day on April 22nd began in the United States in 1970 and was the brainchild of Senator Gaylord Nelson, who had long pondered about finding a way to “put the environment into the political ‘limelight’ once and for all” (his words). April 22 Earth Day, is now celebrated in most countries of the world. Earth Day is a perfect time to reflect about what you are doing to help protect the environment. There are many ways that you can celebrate alone and with others.
We can help our planet by planting trees: Did you Know? One large tree provides oxygen for up to 4 people?
Plant a tree save the earth
Earth Day Quiz: http://holidays.quiz.kaboose.com/60-kids-what-s-your-earth-iq