As the Fall Wedding Season approaches we are asked what favors are best for fall weddings. Question to ask: 1. What do you prefer, flower,…more
As the Fall Wedding Season approaches we are asked what favors are best for fall weddings.
Question to ask:
1. What do you prefer, flower, tree or herb.
- for Flowers you can do Flower Bulb Favors, they are really beautiful and tulips, iris and daffodil are ONLY available in the fall so take advantage of the season.
- For Trees the best choice is Tree Seedlings, Fall is one of the best time to plant trees , they get a chance to establish themselves before winter sets |
if you would rather not deal with seedlings ( they arrive about a week before the wedding date) tree seed kits are also popular in the Fall. They can be planted and grown indoors for up to a year
2. What about the seed in eco box kits, will they work for Fall Weddings?
- The seed kits will work any time of year because you get everything you need to grow the seeds. Some of the seeds grow faster like the sunflower and would have to be re-potted when the seedlings get to be about 2 inches in height. You could always plant a few of the seeds in the fall ( there is alot of seed/packet) and store the rest in your refrigerator for spring planting.
3. Will the seeds last until the spring if we give them out in the fall?
- absolutely they will. seed packet 2 x 2″ (number of seeds vary with species – 5 – 10 grams)
- seed packets are presented in hermetically sealed foil packets to preserve freshness
We offer quality seed. Seed is packed frequently and stored in coolers on site. Store seed in your refrigerator, or cool, dry area prior to your event date for the best germination . Seed packets can be stored in your refrigerator for up to 1 year .
4 . For Seed Packet Favors what works?
- there is a tremdous selection in the seed packet favor category: colors, designs, formates: most of the seed packets can accomodate flower and herb seed: for flower seed to plant in the ground we recommend wildflowers . They are allperennials and will come back every year in your garden. They do not necessarily bloom the first year anyway so you are not missing much by planting them late in the season.
For a indoor grower we recommend gerber daisy in a seed packet or kit. They need warm conditions to grow so a sunny window in a warm area in your house works well.
This video may help understand their nature. They are beautiful but a slow growing flower, will grow slower in the fall and winter but could be good to move outdoors next summer for the flowering.
Tips on growing Gerber Daisy Seed:
If you have any other question , please send them our way, we are pleased to offer suggestions as well. Decorative Wedding Favors are beautiful guest gifts, meaning wedding favors from the bride and groom are treasured gifts, make them last.
All for now: August 22, 2012.
Sheila, Robin & Amy
Capture the Colors One of the most romantic times of the year to get married is the fall. It’s such a colourful season with a…more
One of the most romantic times of the year to get married is the fall. It’s such a colourful season with a vibrant and beautiful back drop for your dream wedding. Here are some great ideas to help you create the perfect fall themes for your special day with the Hottest 2012 Fall Wedding Colors.
Colors are at the top of the list of important choices when it comes to wedding themes. Fall weddings offer an array of rich colors to work with. Think of the beautiful, picturesque bouquets of leaves autumn trees offer each year. From deep greens, earthy browns and gorgeous plum and burgundy tones. These colors can be blended and mixed in any way you can imagine. And even though they are more warm toned colors, if you love the idea of using silver, don’t worry. They will all work together perfectly. With any of these colors mixed or matched, you will be sure to create a unique and beautiful atmosphere for your special day.
There are also many incredible creative and fun fall themed wedding favors you can go with. The tree and leaf are probably the most iconic symbols of fall and something you can incorporate into almost anything. From charmingly whimsical to unique and classic, the options are endless. Here are some fun ideas to get you started.
By Alex Drake
Fall wedding colors almost always complement “green”. Consider a tree theme for an outdoor wedding and give your guests a little bit of nature to bring home and remember your Wedding day.
Plant a tree in the fall for the best results.
Did you know 2 mature trees provide enough oxygen for a family of 4?
Half of the world’s forests have disappeared.
Tree planting is the most cost effective way to reduce the CO2 in the atmosphere and cool down the earth’s temperature.
Planting 30 trees will remove a person’s carbon debt for that year.
What can you do?
Small changes in your life routine can add up to big differences in helping to help the earth. It is difficult to believe that one person and planting one little tree can make a difference. But it can, and planting trees is an easy, fun way to contribute to greening your town.
The presentation of a tree at a special event is a tremendous gift. A wonderful opportunity to inspire, promote and plant trees for a Greener Tomorrow. By giving Trees as Favors at their Weddings, brides and grooms will set an example and possibly inspire their guests. Meaningful gifts create “growing memories” that last a lifetime.
“In all things of nature there is something of the marvellous.” - Aristotle
give back to earth with green wedding favors