Herbs make good Scents! Grow Herbs Indoors all year round. Give herb favors to your special occasion guest for a touch of natural flavor. "He who bears chives on his breath is safe from being kissed to death." - Martise, Roman poet
This "green" gift is made entirely from recycled materials. The card is personalized with your names & date. A clay or bio pot is nestled inside the box with a soil pellet and seeds in packet, finished with a colorful raffia tie. Popular gifts for spring weddings the boxes are beautiful with lavender raffia. Choose muted colors for herb themed events, perfect favors with purple wedding colors, spring themes, green chives in pots as centerpieces and outdoor, garden wedding venues and bridal show eco gifts.
Go Green with chive favors, your guests will love growing the seeds and thinking of you far beyond your Wedding day.
Chives are known for their flavorsome thin, green leaves and pretty purple (edible) flowers. A culinary staple is an excellent choice for new herb growers because they grow quickly and produce abundantly. The delicate onion flavor of chives is perfect for almost any savory dish. The pink florets are pretty and delicious when scattered in a salad.
Poem Included on inside cover: "If the day and night are such that you greet them with joy and life emits a fragrance like flowers and sweet scented herbs that is your success. All nature is your congratulations." — Henry David Thoreau
Chives Herb Seed
When ordering choose:
- Names / text & date for personalization
- Choose ribbon color
- Choose bio or clay pot (clay pot additional $.75 ea)
- Choose thank you message
1. Wedding: Thank you for sharing our "growing memories". Please plant these seeds to commemorate our new beginning.
2. Other Occasions: Thank you for sharing our "growing memories". Please plant these seeds for a greener tomorrow.
- Add accents if you wish
Information on Seed in Eco Boxes
Included in this starter seed kit Package:
- Chives herb seeds in packet (2 x 2") hermetically sealed to preserve freshness
- Personalized paper card (2 x 2 ") with herbal bouquet graphic
- Thank you message
- Growing instructions
- Bio or Terra cotta clay pot (clay pots additional $.75 each)
- Soil pellet
- Recycled paper brown box (3 x 3.5")
- Your choice of raffia ribbon (oatmeal, yellow, raspberry, royal blue or forest green)
Assembly required* video now available by email on how to assemble. Assembly available additional charges apply, they arrive 7-10 days prior to your event date.
Storage: Seed to be stored in a cool (refrigerator), dry place to preserve the viability of the seed